Monday, November 17, 2008

This weekend proved to be a very busy one, and one that kept me away from the computer. There is something very grounding about getting outside for the whole weekend…especially two weekends in a row. I think at this point my cellular cohesion is from sunscreen.

I have 4 topics to catch up with for this month of writing:

1. What is the difference between a good reader and a good writer?
Hmmmm…..this is interesting to me. Writing is definitely a skill that can be learned as far as technicals, but having the ability to have a voice heard in that writing is a gift. I don’t know how many times I have seen one of those 1 panel cartoons where the artist could not get the characters to look the same week to week. However, if the artist can master the toon then you can see it’s personality and growth…much like in writing. For instance…I think I can hear Sedaris smile in his writing.

Good reading is something different all together….and I don’t feel like writing about it now.

2. Recycling….write about something you wish you could recycle.
That’s easy. My relationship with my best friend from HS. It’s happening now, and we are both very pleased about it.

3. Time stamp of your day. I don’t wanna.

4. Write a fake Craigslist ad:
Ohhhhh…fun!
Let’s see…………
Housing>Sublets/Temporary:

“Liquid Fetishist seeks housemate…will provide kit!”

Are you tired of living with boring roommates who don’t understand your deep-seated need to be “involved” with liquids? Do your current roommates constantly harass you about that “draining sound” coming from your room…or the basement? Not enough storage for jars?
How about your out of date grippers? New ones are soooo expensive…and why not share!
And let’s not talk about the odor…

If this sounds like you, then you need to move in with me. I will provide the following:

Antique Trough


Industrial Gloves


Rendering Jars…old and new!
And of course…a new gripper! (that’s the best part)

Here is the apartment….please excuse the mess….I was in a hurry to post this after my pooh bear left me. Call me now!!!! I’ll keep the stove hot!

2 comments:

Art Thief said...

Gotten any responses yet?

Unknown said...

OMG! I love your ad! Any responses? ;)