I’m going back on the topic of the Senses, with my favorites.
Today finds me in such a swell mood…and I’m not sure why. I didn’t get a great deal of sleep…or good sleep. There isn’t much work interaction today to make me perky. I’m just generally happy today…I’ll take it. All that said, my left calf is strangely sore and somewhat blue….I choose to ignore it.
Ramble ramble ramble…
Sense of Sound and Hearing:
1. I feel a little sense of joy when I hear someone frantically whipping their spoon around in a cheap plastic yogurt container…to get the last drop. It sounds like “fun” in my ears.
2. Bagpipes…anywhere! I’m a sucker for the dissonance!
3. Sleepy /Cranky kids. When their little voices are sort of trailing off before they go to sleep….”I’m not sleeppppyyyyyy….zzzzz.”
4. Dog sighs. I laugh every time I see and hear a dog sigh. They always seem so pointed in their timing, to make sure you know…at just the right time…”You are boring and/or ignoring me now….sigh”.
5. New snow.
6. Really fine high heels with a long gate gliding over Terrazzo floors in a Federal building…lot’s of echo.
7. People next door to me in a cheap motel. As long as they are not fighting, I find the ambient noise from their room soothing.
8. Honestly…my hearing is really awful, so I enjoy hearing things that I can actually hear…I also enjoy NOT being able to hear that screechy girl across a crowded room.
Such a Perfect Day
3 years ago