Wednesday, November 5, 2008

monkey in a blisspile!

Well, I could not be more tickled today....for many reasons! Happy happy girl here!

The election fever makes me think about my folks' experience last weekend, which I will share.

The Blanton was having a symposium for members that was on counterculture during the 50's and 60's, which my parents were part of. All in all, the experience was a mixed experience for them.

The first speaker was Dean Fleming, one of the original founders of the Park Place Gallery Group, famous for being a big part of the Avant Garde movement. Dennis and Judy said that his speech was riveting. Unfortunately, the rest of the speeches were crap....so much so, that apparently my dad pulled out a book and started to read during one of them.

One of the guys was simply reading Wilhelm Reich and almost masturbating his pen while speaking. Another woman's laptop decided to automatically update the Vista op system during her presentation.

During one of the breaks my mother decided to go check out the new facility that is not yet open, and used the restroom in the unfinished part. Unfortunately the lock on the stall was part of the "unfinished" part....and Mom got locked in. After trying several times, she had to crawl out under the stall door.

To top off their less than stellar day, they ate at the History cafe on the balcony and had to hear a crazy woman on the street screaming, "Write me in for President!!!" for their whole meal.

My father, in typical fashion, had this quip...
"You know, it really was a shame that we got this great seat with this vantage point, and me without my crossbow."

He he he.....
Happy Obama Day!!!!

No comments: