Tuesday, November 11, 2008

4 Days of Awesome

I lost my free Internet that I was stealing from my neighbor….I guess I’ll HAVE to pay for it now. That is my excuse for the lapse in writing.


Bah.


Saturday’s Topic was to write about my name:


I got my name after weeks of being “Baby Girl Sustare”…and grandma Suzette said it was no good. So I got a derivative form of her name. I feel that it is leagues better than the name my folks had ready..Mikalia Dawn Sustare…hippie name, yuck. The boy name was great…Michael Alexander Sustare…they should have done it anyhow. I could have been a girl named Mike.


Sunday’s Topic was to come up with a Trivial Pursuit card that is about me:


I don’t want to ….I hate that game…in fact, I loathe trivia games in general. I’m not sure why. For the most part I am jam packed full of facts, but for some reason the kind of facts that are not in those games. I mean, go ahead and ask me the eating habits of the Pangolin….or about the history of miniature furniture making. I mean, who the hell is Mack Brown? Is that a new eyeshadow color?


Monday’s Topic was to pick a color and write on it:


I choose mint green. Currently I am baffled by the usage of this color in homes and residences, because the only thing that I can think of is the cinderblock walled basement in the Potsdam, NY civic center.


The civic center was the basement of the history museum and was connected to the library…a spot that hosted many local events. I think it was the combination of the Terrazzo floors, the reek of generic PineSol and the ochre color from said PineSol that crept up the walls about a foot, that turned my stomach. That color for me will always be connected to sad/poor wedding receptions that had homemade wedding cakes…leaning to one side as if to be running from the altar.


That minty green also did not accept shadows well, which always made rooms look flat and unnerving. No sir…I don’t like it.


Today’s Topic is to pick a picture and write a 1000 words on it:


Well, seeing as how I am condensing 4 days into one, do you think I’m going to do that? Shit no! In fact you are lucky if I hit 500 today.
Here is my picture…

Godspeed Major Cooper....and Happy Veterans day to all that have survived the service. I miss you very much today sugar...

2 comments:

Dani Dudek said...

Good job condensing all entries into one. I will be stealing that concept soon.

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

Ha! I am back dating my posts because I am two days behind, but maybe I should take your lead and catch up.

I love that you used the word "ochre".