Saturday, January 3, 2009

Whoaaaa!! 2009?!?

Ahhhhh...2009.
What new things will be in store for me this year?
2008 held difficult times...many deaths...some health things...the flood...financial woes....all in all, kind of a crap year. I think that 2009 MUST be better, or at least as exciting/dynamic as last year.

The last few days of my 2008 were kind of perfect and magical (private non-blog material), but so far here is the brief recap of 2009, thus far.

December 31, 2008
That morning started by waking up early to what I can only describe as acute and terrifying stomach pains. Distention and stabbing so bad that I couldn't sit or stand up straight. I've felt this before...food poisioning of some sort....or a bacterial infection in the intestines. Yay infection.

"Infection is your finest flower, mildewed in the mist." - The Residents

As the day went on, it got worse and worse, a fever looming over me and a disapointed girlfriend over canceled NYE plans. Then I got sick...toilet hugging sick...which was so bad I broke blood vessels around my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror and said in disgust, "Oh come on! Really? Really!?!"

January 1, 2009
I woke up that Thursday still feeling awful, with the cramps worse and the fever higher. I drifted in and out of consciousness all day between movie watching. At midday I realized that I needed ONLY broth and tea for the next two days to clear my system. So it went.

January 2, 2009
Friday, lovely Friday! When I got up Friday...I knew it. I knew that I was really, REALLY sick. It was time to call in the big guns. I Call Mom. I tell her that I know she has offered to come over in the past for a myriad of things, and I never let her. She comes over when good things are happening...I don't like her here when I feel bad. Hell, the house is clean...I feel like crap...I need her help. She comes, I nap, we bicker, she leaves, I apologize(to my Dad to pass to Mom), she calls to check on me later. I try archaic home remedies that are too blue for this blog...sleep.

No comments: