Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sept 1 is new day...yes?

30 Days of write is an excellent angel (or devil) on my shoulders to remind me that I need to take the time to "think", "process" and "write-down"...uh...stuff.

Real stuff. Imaginary stuff. Stuff that is real but I trick you into thinking it is imaginary. Stuff.

This month we have a new task for day one.

Intentions:
My intentions are to work the grit out of my head gears...to oil the levers under my non-existent eyebrows...and to use "Ellipsis" less...much less...you know...so...they don't become...trite... (...)

(I'm going to fail at the last one because A)Commas suck, B)Semi-Colons feel too clinical to me; and C)I like them...)

Introduction:
I am an Interior Designer in Austin that specializes in only corporate spaces and am the ultra code nerd in our group. Fire, Building, ADA...nerd.

I enjoy writing and blogging and would love to write a fantastic Sci-Fi, but I struggle with the fact that I know just enough about Science and Math to know that I would have a hard time making something believeable.
Therefore I should write about a professional woman in her 30's dating in Austin...very believable...good sources. (mine)

Here I intend to write on the mediator topic...or whatever I want if I hate it.

I love monkeys, index cards(especially ones with 1/8" grids), human behavior and cheese.

That sums it up.

6 comments:

Taunya said...

I'm with you on human behavior, cheese and index cards (I like the colored ones to further my need for organization). I loved monkeys until I heard a crazy story about orangutans that attacked. It was graphic, violent and I've been on the fence about monkeys since.

Oh by the way, pleasure to meet you (online). Let the 30 Days of Write begin!!

monkeyrind said...

Yes...the mighty orange ones can be very violent...thankfully not as much as what formed from them.

Brutal brutal apes we can be.

Good to meet you!

Dawson Clawson said...

i liked monkeys when i was younger, too. peter gabriel ruined it for me.

sk said...

I'm thrilled you're in it again!! Do what you...and know you are making me laugh and agree

Sarah said...

Oh, you must work on your sci-fi! Math and science details can come after the story. Get the narrative parts and outline down, then get lost in research.

Glad to have you aboard this month! I'm looking forward to reading your stuff.

Sinclair Fleetwood said...

Welcome back hotpants. You've been missed.