Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wow...what a great time I've had in Portland, Maine!
Highlights:

1. There is a small market 2 blocks away that has incredible cheese, and they will vaccuum pack it in as little as an ounce for my flight home.

2. The Art Museum of Portland is open every Friday night for free until 9PM and the exhibit was all b&w pics of musicians from the Jazz Era to now. Very crowded...very fun.

3. It's a small town, but it's a foodie town. I met a guy tonight that works in a place called "Duckfat"...wow!!!

4. My project has gone perfectly. A great deal of work and I am still tired from the hours, but we got it done...on time/under budget (I hope).

5. I went to a music show tonight in a gallery space that was a great concept which could have gone terribly wrong. 48 Hours ago 10 bands put their names in a hat and 6-5 person bands were chosen to play together at random. They had 48 hours to come up with a 25 minute set.

Wow...they did great, and the crowd was very nice and welcoming to me. The best band out of the bunch was "The Mexicutioners". I met a bunch of great folks.

6. I had some stunning Chowder.

7. I treated myself to a fantastic Bday dinner, and messed up...tipping 60% by accident. (monkey!)

8. I had my photo taken for the local scene-zine for "cool scene stuff".

9. Dairy dairy dairy. I can't imagine being a Vegan here.

10.I have started saying, "yup" in response to everything.


What a delight of a place. Work was very busy, and now I have a day on Sunday to roam and play more. I would suggest that everyone comes here at some point....of course, if I wasn't the kind of person who talked to strangers, went to small local dives and went out on a limb sometimes, well, this might be a boring town.

I'm loving it!

No comments: